Re: Different twist of BCF

Ronald Orenstein wrote:

> Unless I am much mistaken, birds like Sinornis or even Hesperornis
> are not considered to be enantiornithine.

-Hesperornis- and -Ichthyornis- are traditionally grouped together in the
superorder Odontognathae (within the orders Hesperornithiformes and
Ichthyornithiformes, respectively), and I'm under the impression that the
Enantiornithiformes has ordinal rank, though its relationship to the
odontognathids is unclear. Has this changed?

Caitlin R. Kiernan