THE SECRET'S OUT addendum

One more thing, the top picture on the WMNH page is actually not the same one
I was shown.  The picture I was shown was more recent, but was in the exact
same pose, so I originally thought they were one in the same.  The picture I
saw had the tail cleaned up a lot more and the cervical and trunk vertebrae
cleaned up a lot more.  There was also more spaces between the forelimb
bones, especially between the hand and lower arm making room for the not
preserved semi-lunate carpal.  This spacing made the forelimbs appear some
20% longer than they do in the WMNH picture, so that is why I said the arms
were approaching if not exceeding the proportions of Archaeopteryx.  I still
believe that this is the case because the arms are still very big and had to
have cartiledge and whatnot in the joints, the legs
are abnormally long, and Archaeopteryx' legs are abnormally short.

Another thing is that the family that owns the specimen is not very pleased
that they are not mentioned on the webpage because they a) own the thing, b)
discovered the thing, and c) prepared most of it except the skull, hips and
some vertebrae.  So whoever owns the page, please mention the Linster family
whenever you revise your page.  Also, these people know what they are doing
and have been preparing fossils for nearly twenty years, they simply decided
that with such a superb and important specimen, they'd let a professional
tackle reconstructing the skull.

Peter Buchholz
gpb6845@msu.oscs.montana.edu

Bacterial poop