Re: Megalosaurus

At 11:33 AM 12/9/96 -0500, Rachel Clark wrote:

>Just how well known is Megalosaurus, anyway?

A British graduate student (or maybe doctorate holder: I haven't heard if
she's got her degree yet) is redescribing the type material and other
material from the same age.  Megalosaurus bucklandi is a distinct form,
known from a fair portion of the anatomy.  Most other species refered to the
genus Megalosaurus clearly belong in other taxa.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
College Park, MD  20742       Fax:  301-314-9661

        --O.C. Marsh, Vice Presidential Address, AAAS, August 30, 1877