Re: New Velociraptorine

Paul R. Janke wrote:

> It is my understanding that a permanent museum home is being sought
> for this specimen. It has *not* been earmarked for any auction, and
> talk of such things is generally not fruitful since it might
> adversely affect ongoing negotiations.

But the specimen is obviously being *sold*, correct? And to the highest
bidder? Does it really matter if we're talking about a public, Sue-type
auction, when the specimen and the data it will provide are still being sold,
further encouraging individuals to seek profit from palaeontological
materials?

Caitlin R. Kiernan