Re: African dinosaurs

Fred Bervoets wrote:

>Dinogeorge@aol.com wrote:
>
> > > 2. Does anyone have any ideas regarding _Sigilmissasaurus_'s
> > > relationships?
> >
> > Didn't Dale Russell call this a spinosaurian (in its own family,
> > Sigilmassasauridae)? I guess not everyone believes this...
>
> Is this Sigilmissasaurus (formerly known as Spinosaurus B.) the same as
> SPINOSAURUS maroccanus n. sp. Russel, 1996 from Tafilalt, Marocco??

I response to Fred Bervoets' statement: (Sigilmassasaurus formerly known
as Spinosaurus "B")... re-read the article, Spinosaurus "B" material NMC
41850 is not Spinosaurus maroccanus or Sigilmassasaurus brevicollis.  The
article indicates 4 distinct taxon of spinosaurs.

---John Schneiderman (dino@revelation.unomaha.edu)