Luis Chiappe "Sinosauropteryx" comment

   While writing an article about the "Sinosauropteryx" feathered dino
discovery, I came across a quote I hadn't noticed before.  Towit:

Because the feathered dinosaur would have used its downy covering to hold in
heat, it might be tempting to use the feathered dinosaur as evidence that
dinosaurs were warm-blooded. But of all the dinosaurs, Chiappe said, the
line that led to birds is among the least likely to have been warm-blooded.

   Uh, what?  I would have thought theropods the MOST likely to have been
warm blooded, for many reasons.  What's the story on this?