Re: Holes in ceratopsian frills, etc., etc.

Jeff Poling wrote:

>   Every time I see a Horner interview where he talks about _T. rex_
> not being a hunter because it couldn't attack a _Triceratops_ I end
> up screaming at the TV *why*?

I heard Horner speak at the AMNH a few years ago, and he said, first,
that Triceratops did not use its horns for defense, because "you don't go
around sticking your face into things;" he then went on to say, as Jeff
indicates, that Tyrannosaurs were not hunters because they would have
been gored by Triceratops.  Can anyone who knows Horner unravel this
logic for me?  I must have misunderstood.

Cheers!

Larry Dunn