"Lost to science forever" - not necessarily!

I think one possible solution is an international registry, accessible on
WWW, that would let anyone, from museums to private collectors, input data
on the items they have. I am told that some private collectors just want to
hoard things and never let anybody else see them, but I have trouble
believing there is much of that. Most dino enthusiasts, at least, would be
overjoyed at the idea that scientists wanted to look at their collection.

 Steve Jackson - yes, of SJ Games - yes, we won the Secret Service case
Learn Web or die - http://www.io.com/sjgames/ - dinosaurs, Lego, Kahlua!
          The heck with PGP keys; finger for Geek Code. Fnord.