Re: "Lost to science forever" - not necessarily!

Jeff Poling wrote:

> >I think one possible solution is an international registry,
>
> 2) have to institute strict security procedures and
> pick and choose who would actually get to see it.

The registry is a great idea, however, it doesn't help much if nobody
can read it :(. It seems sufficient to separate the what info from
the who/where info: the what info (incl. pics), genus/species, etc
and item# info should be public, but a secure request needed to
access the who/where info(perhaps just forwarded to the owner for
disposition). Maybe the USA NSF(Natl Science Foundation) would bite
on this?

I've also thought that an online dinosaur bibliography would be useful.

Russ Andersson