More on hunting....

To continue the hunting methods of dinos...

Joe Daniel, Stephen Throop and others....

 From the films I have seen of lions, wild hunting dogs, cheetahs, wolves and
hyenas hunting, their techniques all seem to be devoted to the aim of *bringing
the prey to the ground*, so that it can be killed (usually by suffocation; safe
and not as strenuos as neck-breaking, and gives you time to recover after the
chase). Lions have the mass to be able to do this alone, using their weight to
off-balance the animal; cheetahs, being lighter, have to do it by tripping the
prey, the pack animals, again being lighter than their prey, by harrying until
the prey is tired, and then moving in and grabbing whatever extremites they
can,
and pulling (sometimes in opposite direction!) unitl the prey is off it's feet.

It seems to me possible that the same techniques could have applied across the
spectrum of carnivorous dinosaurs.  A large animal such as T.rex presumably
could use it's mass as a lion does, pulling the prey off balance and
dispatching
it on the ground (particularly if they hunted in pairs).

martin

cheers, and Merry Christmas to all........