Dire Wolf

Stan Friesen writes:

>Note there was, once upon a time, a much larger species of wolf,
>_Canis dirus_, which became extinct some time ago (in human terms).

This is a popular misconception. The dire wolf was more heavily built than
the modern wolf, but not much bigger - maybe 200 lbs. total weight.

 Steve Jackson - yes, of SJ Games - yes, we won the Secret Service case
Learn Web or die - http://www.io.com/sjgames/ - dinosaurs, Lego, Kahlua!
          The heck with PGP keys; finger for Geek Code. Fnord.