Re: DON GLUT'S DINOSAURS: THE ENCYCLOPEDIA

At 05:49 PM 12/22/96 -0500, Caitlin R. Kiernan wrote:

>I was in Border's in Atlanta about a week ago, and they did have a copy of a
>very similarly titled book on the shelves, except Glut had a coauthor (I
>wasn't paying the book particular attention and don't recall the name). A
>very nice hardback; much more systematic and thorough-looking than Glut's
>earlier dinosaur "encyclopedias." The dust jacket was blue I believe.
>
>Could this be the same book?

Nope.  The book you refer to is by the Two Dons (Lessem & Glut), and is
entitled _The Dinosaur Society Dinosaur Dictionary_.  Not a bad book, but
Glut (who originated the concept of a "dinosaur dictionary" back in the
early 1970s) is coming out with a far superior, far more detailed book.  It
is way cool, and includes many photos of actual specimens as well as
reconstructions.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
College Park, MD  20742       Fax:  301-314-9661

        --O.C. Marsh, Vice Presidential Address, AAAS, August 30, 1877