Re: DinSoc Dinosaur Encycloped

Steve Cole wrote (quoting Jeff Poling):

>>Let's not forget the yearly index....
>
>Oh, let's do. The genera are in alphabetical order and there
>isn't anything else in the putative ring-binder dino encyclopedia,
>so you don't really NEED an index.

        Perhaps the users of this encyke would like to be able to look up
the dinos by specs other than their genera.  Say, geographical occurrence,
chronological duration, year of discovery, maybe selected morphological
particulars.  An index might be helpful in looking up the scientists who
first described each animal, as well as looking up contributors to the
encyke itself.  Next you're in the library, have a look at a loose-leaf
subcription service like Standard and Poor's.

bruce

        "The more television I watch, the more I wonder why I'm not already
supreme ruler of earth."  --Dogbert