Re: crocs and hadrosaurs (was science proect)

Betty Cunningham wrote:

>crocs and alligators and caimans (did I leave any out?)

Gavials and false gavials

>on another note-would sea-going crocodiles hunt similarily to modern
>crocs by using stealth?  What did the sea-going crocs eat?
>I haven't got any info at all on their feeding habits or probable niche.

Sea-going crocs (thalatosaurs, metriorhynchids and dyrosaurs) all had long
thin snouts that, in modern crocs, is associated with fish-eating. However,
this could also provide greater manouvrability of the snout underwater.
 From memory there is a paper on the stomach contents of a metriorhynchid
and that proved to be ammonoids.

Cheers, Paul

Dr Paul M.A. Willis