Re: Irritator as Spinosaur

On Wed, 31 Jan 1996 Dinogeorge@aol.com wrote:

> >Does anyone know anything about the feet of _Baryonyx_?  Particularly the
> >proximal ends of the metatarsals, as these can show not only whether
> >_Bary_ is an arctomet but also positively whether it is a halticosaur,
> >megalosaur, allosaur, or whatever.
> >

> Not known. I checked, because my genus _Valdoraptor_ is based on metatarsals,
> most emphatically not arctometatarsalian.

I'm sorry.  I must have missed something here.  What does _Valdoraptor_
have to do with _Baryonyx_?  Were you thinking they might be the same
animal?  Quite right about _Valdoraptor_, though.  Looks more like a
eustreptospondyl or allosaur foot to me.

Nick Pharris
Pacific Lutheran University
Tacoma, WA 98447
(206)535-8204