The death throes of drowning, version 2

   Thanks to all of those people who responded to my message.  I got some
very detailed essays on post-mortem contraction of ligaments in drying
dinos, sedimentology, and the like.  They'll be very useful.

   Unfortunately, that wasn't what I was asking for.

   It is my understanding that part of the evidence that supports the theory
of post-mortem contraction of ligaments comes from observation of extant
creatures.  What I want to know is if there has been similar observation of
extant drowning victims; ie somebody pulled an animal out of its watery
grave (human or otherwise) and took note of whether it was in the "classic
dinosaurian death pose."  If so, did it support or disprove the notion of
contortion due to drowning?

   PS:  to the person who left me mail asking if I was debating creationists
again.  What I am doing is writing up the e-mails that I posted on the list
a month or to ago.  I am adding commentary.  One of the comments I want to
make is whether study of extant drowning victims supports the notion of the
"death pose" coming from drowning.

   While I'm thinking of it, somebody mentioned drowned bodies orienting
themselves to the current.  Is the orientation broadside, so that the head
and tail are parallel to the current, simulating the death pose, or is the
entire length of the body parallel to the current?

** Jeff's Dinosaur Page. Home of THE DINOSTORE ** "Those who trade a        **
** (for all your Dinosaur product needs),      ** little freedom for a      **
** Jeff's Journal of Dinosaur Paleontology,    ** little security will soon **
** and The Dinosaur Mailing List Encyclopaedia ** find they have none of    **
** http://www.infinet.com/~jpoling/            ** either." -- Jeff Poling   **