Re: Triceratops sprawl

> > That's the point I am trying to make.  Ceratopians purposely evolved
sprawling forelimbs to better cope with the paleenvironment of the Gobi
(an arid environment with many dune fields).  When one considers how
effective the ceratopian body plan was for efficent movement in the dunes,
 it makes perfect sense why they would evolve sprawling forelimbs, while
leaving the hindlimbs vertical.  The dinosaurian equivalent of the dune buggy,
 if it were.

     I'm told that naturally articulated Protoceratops skeletons from
the Gobi show the elbow pulled in, not sprawled out.

LN Jeff