Re: Quo vadis, T. rex?

In a message dated 96-02-01 20:37:01 EST, pharrinj@PLU.edu (Nicholas J.
Pharris) writes:

>I didn't mean to suggest that they did.  I just don't believe it takes
>that much to lose a finger.

I know--but think about how long those vestigial metacarpals and metatarsals
just hang around. It seems as if the first, or outermost, digits are the
easiest to lose, but once you're down around three, losing them becomes very
difficult. It surely has something to do with the way the homeobox genes (or
whatever complex it is that governs limb development) work.