Re: Quo vadis, T. rex?

On Thu, 1 Feb 1996 Dinogeorge@aol.com wrote:

> Actually, take a look at the pelvic bones of _Compsognathus_ and see how
> closely they resemble miniature versions of tyrannosaurid pelvic bones. Grow
> a bit of pubic boot, lose a bit of distal ischial enlargement, and "Voila," a
> tyrannosaurid pelvis.

Ya know, I've been thinking about it, and Compy wouldn't make a bad
basal arctomet, if it can be shown to be cryptometatarsalian, that is.  I
actually thought as much several years ago, when I first noticed that
ornithomimids and tyrannosaurs were related.

Nick Pharris
Pacific Lutheran University
Tacoma, WA 98447
(206)535-8204