Re: Stego/Ankylo limbs

> > Impossible.  The humerus range of motion would be hampered by the
> > rib cage (with the elbows constantly smashing into them).  This
> > becomes even more true with the new rib articulation.
>
>Even if the main movement was in the lower arm - from the elbow joint.
>I do not see why the humerus has to move all that much, really.

The only way this would work is if the arm was held racehorse-style, with the
humerus going back at an angle.  This would mean that the humerus would be
either close to, or resting on, the rib cage.  At that close proximity, high
speed motion by the animal would result in broken ribs, as the humerus smashes
into the ribs.

Rob

***
Q.  What fossil fish is a blood relative?

A.  The antiarch.