Re: Bird Question

In a message dated 96-02-02 15:59:07 EST, pharrinj@PLU.edu (Nicholas J.
Pharris) writes:

>> Naturally, there must also have been a Jurassic bird radiation, of which
>> _Archaeopteryx_ was a part.
>
>Agreed.  IMHO, the Arctometatarsalia are also a part of this radiation,
>but you are free to disagree, as many do.

Ah--but I don't disagree here. I have this idea that some of the more
birdlike theropods were not just giant, cursorial dino-birds but giant,
cursorial enantiornithans. These might include avimimids, oviraptorids, and
elmisaurids. But there's not much information published on enantiornithans to
hang your hat on yet.