CERATOP(S)IAN ARMS AND SEGNOSAURS

Mr. Rob Meyerson's idea that ceratop(s)ians were the Mesozoic equivelant
of dune buggies is an interesting idea, but he seems to be forgetting the
footprint evidence that everybody on this list has been discussing.
If (a) footprints do not lie and (b) they really are ceratop(s)ian prints
(which someone on this list - I can't remember who - recently showed is very
likely) and (c) the foreprints are oriented closely together with a slightly
duck-toed angle to them, as I have heard (which might rule out even a bow-
legged posture unless the dinosaur was fond of dislocating its wrists; the
duck-toed condition would probably mean that the elbows were actually
pointed inward - at least when the foot contacted the ground. Try it with
your own arms!) I would be very interested in knowing how you fit this
in with your theory, Rob. 8(=;u)=)

SEGNOSAURS! Are they really still categorized as theropods? If so, why? As
far as I know, the only reason for that is that they have sharp claws and
teeth, and
that seems kind of rediculous. I'm sure all you who think they are theropods
have some good, scientific reason for it, I'd just like to hear what it is.
({<u)=E)

  ______
 /Oo.   \                                _^_^/|  /|
|Oo / \\//    Susie "whaddaya mean     </   | |\/ /
|Oo ||'/\\\    mean the Mesozoic is   <|o \O|_|/_/
|Oo/_ OO '| |  over?" Morgan           <\o \|o\_ \_/|_
 \O\ \\_//\\/     alias                 <\o__Oo ___ o \
  \O\____/\|    DeRaptor                 /V V/v    |__v
                  Tyrannosaura regina     \_|__/
                        alias
                      Crazy Insane Schizophrenic
                        Weird Wacko Zany Lunatic
                         Person.

   "Oh, dear. My Imaginary friends are laughing at me again."

This mail was sent via Guardian Information Services - 408.648.8111

                  http://www.montereybay.com