ENGLISH LANGUAGE

Nick Pharris: First, thanks for supporting my point on why English is
such a really cool language. I still list it as a "blending" however.
While the "structure" of the language is Germanic, English has
borrowed more French words than any other language has borrowed
the words of any other language. So you might say it is the most
heavily augmented, and I might just as validly regard that degree
of augmentation to amount to "blending".

Just for a chuckle, on a certain Sci-Fi TV show just an hour ago,
there was this exchange:

"Aha, these Aliens understand our language they just choose not to speak it".

"Oh, who would have guessed they were French."