Re: Monolophosaurus

On Sat, 3 Feb 1996 Popwelljg@aol.com wrote:

> I'm about to receive a model of Monolophosaurus from Saurian Studios. I
> haven't been able to find much info on it, except that it was related to
> Allosaurus, Eustreptospondylus, or Megalosaurus. Any thing else out there?

Middle Jurassic of China.  Known from skull, vertebral column, and pelvis
(no limbs known).  Around 5 m long and 1 m tall.
Most likely an early carnosaur, related to such theropods as _Allosaurus_,
_Yangchuanosaurus_, _Sinraptor_, _Giganotosaurus_, _Afrovenator_, and
_Carcharodontosaurus_.

Nick Pharris
Pacific Lutheran University
Tacoma, WA 98447