New Paleontology Textbook

I was in the University library and I saw an interesting textbook on
Vertebrate Paleontology.  It chucks out the term "Reptilia" and instead
refers to "Ectothermic Amniotes" and uses the phrase "Non-avian dinosaur"
as though it were an official technical term! :)  The book also asserts that
dinosaurs were mass homeotherms ("Gigantotherms") but that they had high
metabolisms anyway!  Could someone explain how this could be?  Is the author
on this list by any chance (the book was by F. Harvey Pough, but the title
escapes me)?

                             -- Dave