New guy

Hey all-

I've been lurking on this list for a little while now, reckoned it was
about time to come out and ask a few questions that have been puzzling
me. (Sorry if you've heard 'em before, but there's no FAQ!)

I was a dinosaur fanatic as a kid, but my enthusiasm wore off a bit.
Getting on the Net put me back in touch with the dinosaurian world. So
much has changed since I was gone! I'm trying to keep up, but I have a
few questions:

1. What's all this Ceratopia stuff? Back in the days of my youth I never
saw anything but CeratopSia. Someone get picky about the Latin or what?

2. Ditto for Therizinosauroidea and Segnosauria.

3. Did _Mononykus_ and the other alvarezsaurids have an arctometatarsalian
pes? I seem to remember reading that somewhere... If so, does that show
that birds are descended from arctometatarsalians, not maniraptorans?

Well, that's about it for now-

-T. Mike Keesey

P.S. I have a web page:
http://www.wam.umd.edu/~tmkeesey
It contains classification (cladistic), illustrations, some essays, and
a rapidly decreasing number of errors, so stop by and tell me what you think!