Re: Triceratops sprawl (long)

On Tue, 6 Feb 1996 Dinogeorge@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 96-02-06 00:34:57 EST, Robert.J.Meyerson@uwrf.edu (Rob
> Meyerson) writes:
>
> > Since _Psittacosaurus_ is also known from Europe,
>
> When was this discovery made?

I *assume* Rob was referring to _Stenopelix_, a chaoyoungosaurid (or,
possibly, psittacosaurid) from the early or mid-Cretaceous of Germany, as
I recall.

Actually, if _Stenopelix_ is a chaoyoungosaurid, the name of that family
should really become Stenopelicidae, as that is by far the oldest generic
name in the family.  At least, that's how I understand the rules of the ICZN.

Why, BTW, is it Sinraptoridae and not Yangchuanosauridae? (not that I
think it should be the other way around; Sinraptoridae is much easier to
write and somewhat more accurate)

Nick Pharris
Pacific Lutheran University
Tacoma, WA 98447