Re: UTAHRAPTOR SNOUT (IN CAPS!)

    Hello all,

        WARNING:The following post has a brutal level of unscientific-
speak...you have been warned...

        Correct me if I'm wrong(and I probably am...), but
_Dromaeosaurus_ and _Velociraptor_ both have more "box-shaped" heads,
give or take small rises or indents(you get the idea!). _Deinonychus_
seems to have a more "wedge-shaped" head. Therefore, wouldn't it seem
reasonable that _Utahraptor_, having pre-dated _Deinonychus_, also
has a "wedge-shaped" head? Maybe decreased size and a change of head
shape from wedge to box is the evo. path of the Dromaeosaurids?

Later,
Cory Gross
Alberta Palaeontological Society
MRC Earth Sciences Society