Tyrannosaur walking down the street

>Whoever wrote
>"Why? They're all birds, you know..."
>If you were walking down the street with a non-dinosaur-knowledgable person
and
>a tyrannosaur walked by (if only), would you say "Whoa, that's a BIG bird" ??
>(Granted, you'd probably say a lot more than that)

A picture comes to mind: An ambush is set for the tyrannosaur coming down the
street. The tyrant trips over the wire, coming crashing to the ground.  Out of
the alley way come three fanatical theropod workers, armed to the teeth with
tape measures and big calipers.  Jim Farlow takes the feet measurements,
Greg Paul gets the hips and upper leg, and I'll work on the metatarsi,
natch...
:-)

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Vertebrate Paleontologist