Re: Re: Tyrannosaur walking down the street

>Oh, I can't resist this one; sorry!

>>A picture comes to mind: An ambush is set for the tyrannosaur coming down the
>>street. The tyrant trips over the wire, coming crashing to the ground.  Out
of
>>the alley way come three fanatical theropod workers, armed to the teeth with
>>tape measures and big calipers.  Jim Farlow takes the feet measurements,
>>Greg Paul gets the hips and upper leg, and I'll work on the metatarsi,
>>natch...
>>:-)
>
>Well, at least we already know that, if it was moving 20 meters/second, it
>would slide about 14 meters (and probably be dead) -- gangway!!! Not to
>place myself amidst vaunted company, but I'd sure like to sneak in there
>and dissect the musculature....

Join the party!

Actually, according to Farlow et al.'s model, if it fell while walking (less
then 10 m/s, for example) it would survive.

And we'd have to work *REALLY* fast!

>Anyway, I actually have a reason for de-lurking:
>
>Who's been working on Ceratosauria phylogeny since Rowe & Gauthier (in The
>Book)? Besides those brave souls doing a Theropoda phylogeny? Thanks in
>advance for reptiles, er replies.

Me, Sereno et al., and (most important) almost every Argentine theropod
worker.  Fernando Novas has published material, Coria & Salgado have
abstracts in Ameghiniana, as do Ruben Martinez and colleagues.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Vertebrate Paleontologist
Dept. of Geology
University of Maryland