Re: Dino feathers=Ptero fur?

Chris Nedin wrote:

> Mike Keesey wrote:
>
> >Crossed my mind as well. See my Archaeopteryx page:
> >http://www.wam.umd.edu/~tmkeesey/dinosaur/families/archaeo.html
> >(may be easier just to go to http://www.wam.umd.edu/~tmkeesey - shorter URL)
>
> Mike, hold out your hand.
>
> []
>
> <smack>
>
> Now, write out 100 times:
>
> "My URL is http://exp1.wam.umd.edu/~tmkeesey/dinosaur/families/archaeo.html
>
> *NOT* http://www.wam.umd.edu/~tmkeesey/dinosaur/families/archaeo.html";

OW! Hey, it's BOTH. I think exp1 is more reliable, but www works as well,
rerouting it to the express machine which picks one of the three exp#
machines (exp1,exp2,exp3).

Anyway, there's a li'l essay there about Archaeopteryx, including a brief
section about dinosaurian feathers, including a suggestion that dinosaur
feathers may be homologous (that IS the word I want, right?) to pterosaur
"hair".

-T. Mike Keesey
tmkeesey@wam.umd.edu
Web Page at