Re: Quo vadis, T. rex? [long]

On Wed, 7 Feb 1996, Nicholas J. Pharris wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Feb 1996, Rob Meyerson wrote:
>
> > >As is anyone convinced that theropods were covered in scales, or anything
> > >else, for that matter.
> >
> > If I remember correctly, the skin impressions on _Carnotaurus_ show a
> > scaly appearance.
> >

> OK.  That's one confirmed scaly theropod to 10000 confirmed feathered ones...

        Somebody mentioned Albertosaur skin and I recall hearing that,
too, it was found  before the T. rex skin. I've heard the T. rex
stuff is supposed to be sort of smooth and elephantine, but that's all I
know. If it were just Carnotaurus, and not any tetanurans, I wouldn't be
worried, but T. rex is pretty birdy in a lot of respects.
        -Nick L.