Not Quite So Lost...

    Hi everybody! (hi doctor nick...)

        Anyhoo, I did what a few of you suggested and borrowed that
monstrocity of a book, _The Dinosauria_, form the college library. I
haven't started in on the text yet (I may need someone to explain IT
to me in layman's terms), I now sorta' understand what this is about
after looking at the pretty pictures. Man, was I out of it!

ABOUT NON-AVIAN DINOSAURS:

        I was thinking about how strange-sounding a term this is and
came to this conclusion... "Non-avian dinosaurs" would imply that
"avian dinosaurs" are the standard (like how the Klingon word for
truth actually translates to "not lying":-)). Yes I realize that this
is a semantical argument, but a possible extension of this could be a
description of dinosaurs, or theropods at least, that states:

               "... an often-times large type of
                flightless, derived bird..."

        This could again imply that Dinosauria is not valid and
that they are, in truth, a "sub-something" of Aves...

        Not that I believe any of this mind you, I'm just thinking
out loud.

Later days...
Cory Gross
Alberta Palaeontological Society
MRC Earth Sciences Society
gros4891@adc.mtroyal.ab.ca

        And for the record, I'm on of those holdouts who think that
Dinos probably weren't feathered or endothermic in any recognizable
way (in general, of course:-)).