Re: DINOSAUR digest 893

David J. Froehlich comments, with regard to Eohippus:

>The really unfortunate part is that the type is currently missing (apparently
>Bob Bakker had it last???) and Yale doesn't know where it went.

Fascinating.

If I don't see a contrary report here, I'm going to assign this rumor a
nonzero truth value, and cite it the next time somebody starts going on
about the importance of entrusting all significant specimens to museums
where they can be warm and safe . . .

sadly, it's not always so. And no, I don't have a suggestion, other than to
occasionally give curators a good shaking, and of course to install AA
weaponry atop all museums to keep the bombers away. Museums SHOULD be
thoroughly safe places, but the cussedness of the universe, and human
error, remain factors.

Steve Jackson, sj@io.com - this will do till I fix my .sig file . . .