Re: missing the point

At 09:18 PM 2/8/96 -0500, Bonnie Blackwell, x 3332 wrote:
>I would urge us all to avoid the unnecessary exclusionary language,
>to include quick definitions of the more obscure terms, to submit
>glossary definitions for the list glossary (who is keeping it by the way?),

   I maintain the Dinosaur Mailing List Dictionary and Dinosaur Mailing List
Anatomic Dictionary (plus 4 other DML lists).  I'm always looking for
definitions and additions and whatever to add to these two puppies.  People
should feel free to suggest and send defs. they don't see in either
Dictionary that they think should be there.

   The biggy is the Anatomic Dictionary.  I can hold my own with general
scientific terms, but have trouble with anatomical terms.  Most of my refs
assume you know what a quadrajugalorbitalholeintheheadthingy is, and don't
bother saying what it is or does.  So far, I'm resorting to "look at the
picture."

** Jeff's Dinosaur Page. Home of THE DINOSTORE ** "Those who trade a        **
** (for all your Dinosaur product needs),      ** little freedom for a      **
** Jeff's Journal of Dinosaur Paleontology,    ** little security will soon **
** and The Dinosaur Mailing List Encyclopedia. ** find they have none of    **
** http://www.infinet.com/~jpoling/            ** either." -- Jeff Poling   **