Re: Genetics and Morphology Collide

On Fri, 9 Feb 1996, Chip Pretzman wrote:

> To All
>
> Have you seen the article in Mature, Vol. 379, Jan. 25, 1996?  Phylogenetic
> position of the order Lagomorpha by Graur, et. al. Based on an impressive 88
> protein sequences, lagomorphs clade with primates, not rodents as morph
> characters would show.

Interesting.  You know, I think it was in an article about bats in
_Science_ or _Nature_ that I ran across a different biomolecular study
(?mtDNA) that consistently grouped the rabbits with the lemurs.  I didn't
think much of it at the time (and neither did the authors), but the above
article adds support to this very interesting observation.

> Chip Pretzman
> Dept. of Molecular Genetics

Nick Pharris
Pacific Lutheran University
Tacoma, WA 98447
(206)535-8204
PharriNJ@PLU.edu

"If you can't convince them, confuse them." -- Harry S Truman