A delicate matter...

Okay, this is going to sound kind of weird, so please try to remember
that I am just asking this for the sake of scientific accuracy...

When I draw pictures of dinosaurs, sometimes I wonder if there should be,
er, a little something down in the pubic region on the males. I always
see pictures with featureless, uh, areas. I think I saw a Bakker
illustration of _Ceratosaurus_ with testicles, but that's about it.

My question is, what was the probable nature of masculine dinosaur
genitalia? I would assume it to be bird-like and crocodile-like, but what is
that?  Is it internal? Are the testicles external, like in the Bakker
illustration?

-T. Mike "I can't believe I'm asking this..." Keesey
tmkeesey@wam.umd.edu
Author of the
DINOSAUR WEB PAGE
http://www.wam.umd.edu/~tmkeesey