feather stuff

>>  ...and, of course, another reason why, in my mind, it's likely that they
>>all had feathers is the question of insulation on the smaller dinos.
>
>Insulation from what? The entire Mesozoic was warmer  than Florida is today.
>The polar climes of the later Mesozoic were still much warmer than the modern
>day poles are. Then there is the nasty problem of endothermy/homeothermy
>especially in regards to the migrating dinos. The thermoregulation problem is
>at least much more apprachable to solving than speculating about feathers.
>IMHO
Excuse me, but wasn't there something in _Raptor Red_ with the dinos running
around in the snow? I know the book wasn't the most scientifically accurate,
but would good ol' Bob really get the paleo-clime completely wrong? I don't
see how a _Utahraptor_, much less a _Deinonychus_ or _Troodon_, could survive
in that kind of weather without some kind of insulation.

By the way, could somebody clear me up on what IMHO means? AFAIK?
  ______
 /Oo.   \                                _^_^/|  /|
|Oo / \\//    Susie "whaddaya mean     </   | |\/ /
|Oo ||'/\\\    mean the Mesozoic is   <|o \O|_|/_/
|Oo/_ OO '| |  over?" Morgan           <\o \|o\_ \_/|_
 \O\ \\_//\\/     alias DeRaptor        <\o__Oo ___ o \
  \O\____/\| alias Tyrannosaura regina   /V V/v    |__v
   \O \=|   alias Crazy Insane           \  |\_______/
          Schizophrenic Weird Wacko       \_|__/
                Zany Lunatic Person.

 "Oh, dear. My Imaginary friends are laughing at me again."

This mail was sent via Guardian Information Services - 408.648.8111

                  http://www.montereybay.com