Theropod cladogram

This is in response to the theropod cladogram dated 9 Feb 1996.
        I thought "Megalosauridae" was taxonomically problematic, if not
defunct.  I have the impression [and I'm speaking on the spur of the
moment, so be gentle!-:)] that the Megalosauridae was sort of a catch-all
group that included the Albertosaurs before they went to their (currently)
rightful place in the Tyrannosauridae.  ("The Dinosauria" calls the
Megalosauridae a "taxonomic wadtebasket," p. 153.)
        And don't forget Nanotyrannus lancensis.  It had been originally
catalogued in the Cleveland Museum as a megalosaur (and even given a
plaster touch-up by its preparators) until Bakker et al decided to rough it
up enough so that the plaster fell off, revealing a "pygmy tyrannosaur"
lurking beneath.  Part of the reason N. lancensis had been originally
classified as a megalosaur was because of its size--more or less
Albertosaurus size, depending on the flavor.  And what do you know?  Now
they're both tyrannosaurs.
        I'm pretty sure this is Greg Paul's position on the megalosaurs,
and I haven't heard anything different lately. (George Ohlshevsky, what
about you?)

T.A. Curtis, Proto-paleontologist

PS:  I hope this thing gets posted. I'm an E-mail novice.  As somebody
perceptively (and understandably) once said, "Wow, does this thing really
work?"