Re: linguistic analogy

>   It's my understanding that many dinosaurs have deep sternums.  The
>sternum of _Mononykus_ is referred to as "keeled," as is that of
>_Archaeopteryx bavarica_.  The only difference is that modern birds have a
>HUGE sternum, whereas in certain theropods it was merely large.  Can a size
>difference be sufficient to mark something as "different enough" for its own
>category?

One possible problem with this is that these two appear after Archy,
AFAIK.  This would again suggest the possibility that the sternum
solidified sometime later.

However, if it can be shown that the sternum was already in place by
Archy's appearance, I would have to say "No, they aren't different
enough to put in different taxa."

Rob

***
"Don't panic."