Re: List moderation

    G'dday all,

        I can go either way on the moderation thing (now there are 2
"undecied", how Canadian eh?:-)), But I feel a certain level of
personal moderation would be in order.

        For example, and I'm not going to name any names, do we
really NEED a posting that repeats a 1-100 page long message and then
only tacks a sentence(sometimes not even a complete one) on to the
end? Instead of posting a bunch of "one liners" for a thread, why not
save up all the comments and put them under one post with a short
line of what it's refering to? If writing jokes or messages that are
directed to basically ONE person, howsabout sending that message to
just that one person instead of making it public(unless it's a
matter of saving face)? These are just a few ideas, but they could go
to some lengths to clearing up some of the "clutter". Let it be known
that I'm not excluding "joke threads" and the like. I rather enjoyed
the "gasbag sauropods" and "T-Rex walking down the street" posts and
think that stuff like that adds some levity and relaxation to what
would otherwise be a text-book. If you don't want to read a joke
thread, then just delete your way through them, that's what I do.

    And in the spirit of one heading posts...

ZOO REPAINTS DINOSAURS
    I was at the Calgary Zoo on the weekend for my anthropology
class, and I had a chance to strole through the Prehistoric Park.
Much to my surprise, they had taken the spray can to two of the
dinoaurs. One of them was the Stegosaurus which now sports the
seemingly standard brown-and-orange-tiger-stripes ala Franzack(sp?).
The other was the Triceratops, and *choke* MY GOD!!! They butchered
the poor beast! Imagine if you will... a bluish-grey body, cenment
grey horns(now thats tough:-)), and a bright "puke-green" frill with
red spots. I know that we don't know the true colour of dinosaurs, but
come on! Speaking humanocentrically, thats just horrid colour theory.
Sigh.

    BTW, they changed one of the labels from Monoclonius(sp?) to
Centrosaurus.

Later,
Cory Gross
Alberta Palaeontological Society