Irritator and the law

Regarding the acquisition of the Irritator specimen:

In which jurisdiction was the purchase of the specimen made?
How long ago was the purchase made?

I am asking because last night I realized that at least in most states
in the USA the alterations done to it probably constitute either
fraud or attempted fraud.  If the law where the purchase was made
is similar, the dealer may be liable to criminal charges, and if the
statute of limitations has not run out, I think filing charges would
be a good way to deter such actions in the future.

The peace of God be with you.