Re: Irritator and the law

 > >I am asking because last night I realized that at least in most states
 > >in the USA the alterations done to it probably constitute either
 > >fraud or attempted fraud.  If the law where the purchase was made
 > >is similar, the dealer may be liable to criminal charges, and if the
 > >statute of limitations has not run out, I think filing charges would
 > >be a good way to deter such actions in the future.
 >
 > The type specimen was unearthed in Brazil and is now in a German museum. How
 > does US law apply here?

I said "if the law that applies is similar".  I never meant to imply
that US law actually applied - only that the law that does apply *might*
be similar, and that this possiblity ought to be pursued.

What we need is more specific information.

Was the purchase performed in Brazil or in Germany?
What is the applicable definition  of fraud?

The peace of God be with you.