EUROPEAN HADROSAURS

> As far as I know, *all* European hadrosaurs are nomina dubia.

What??!!?? Including _Telmatosaurus_?

There seem to be many many synonyms and dubious names pertaining to the European
hadrosaur material. I recall the list in the Dinosauria, and I'll check it when
- and if - I get home, but are so many bits and pieces _really_ that
indeterminate or definitely synonymous with know forms? If so, this is,
historically and biographically, an interesting situation: exactly why were
scientists of earlier years so keen to name new taxa? Ok, they had poorer
material than we have now, but surely they had entirely different views of
evolution, community ecology and biodiversity? Well, nice thought..

"Thinking machines and super-computers..."

DARREN NAISH