Mesozoic temperature

Thomas Duffy recently asked about polar temperatures during the Mesozoic.
This is not the precise answer he wanted, but there was a paper a couple of
years back (I think in Science?), where oxygen isotope ratios were used to
determine the temp on the SE tip of Australia, which at the time was inside
the Antarctic Circle at 75 degrees S. The mean annual temp was 5 degrees C.
I'll bet the same thing has been done on polar core samples, but whether
they go back to the Mesozoic I don't know.
Hope this is of some assistance,
Graeme Worth.