Re: ANKYLOSAUR CLUBS

On Fri, 16 Feb 1996, D.W.Naish wrote about ...
> Coombs' ankylosaur club paper published last year
> in Can. Jour. Earth. Sci. ... < and >
> ... the spiel they had in 'Earth' some time back [about] Thulborn's
> mimicry theory

I am studying the dynamics of ankylosaur clubs and am quite
interested in theories regarding how they were used.  What were the
essences of Coombs' paper and of Thulborn's mimicry theory?  For example,
what was being mimicked?

However, since I will presently go in search of these two papers, what I
am most interested in from this group is people's opinions about the
papers' conclusions.  Are there any other ideas about ankylosaur tail
function out there that just haven't been published yet?

Leslie Gertsch
research assistant professor
Earth Mechanics Institute
Colorado School of Mines