Fossil Preservation Act posting

        I appreciate Ken Ferrante's posting of Sections 1 and 2 of the Act.
        I noticed that this has only been introduced.
        On the face of it, it appears reasonable; doesn't Canada have
something similar, that mandates national/scientific interests when it
comes to fossil preservation?
        Or have I missed a larger boat here?  (I hate to get political, but
anything coming out of the House of Rep's these days _requires_ a second,
more critical, look.  Is this bill going to turn out to be some sort of
Trojan Horse?)
        Depending on the List's sentiments, right now I think the Act
deserves support, but I admit this is the first time I've actually read any
of it.
        Comments?

        -T.A. Curtis, Proto-paleontologist