Re: FPA-96

At 11:28 AM 2/17/96 -0500, Mickey P. Rowe wrote:

>muriel29@wavenet.com (a.k.a. T.A. Curtis) asked about FPA-96.

>The bottom line appears to me to be that most academic paleontologists
>vehemently oppose the legislation because it makes some of their
>collecting harder than it currently is

   From discussions I've had with several paleontologists, I gather that
*any* bill is going to make life harder for paleos regardless of the bill's
intent.

   Regardless, the *entire* bill will be available on my web page on Monday.
http://www.infinet.com/~jpoling/ in my JDP under section "Law."

** Jeff's Dinosaur Page. Home of THE DINOSTORE ** "Those who trade a        **
** (for all your Dinosaur product needs),      ** little freedom for a      **
** Jeff's Journal of Dinosaur Paleontology,    ** little security will soon **
** and The Dinosaur Mailing List Encyclopedia. ** find they have none of    **
** http://www.infinet.com/~jpoling/            ** either." -- Jeff Poling   **