Re: Irritator and the law

> > >If the law where the purchase was made
> > >is similar, the dealer may be liable to criminal charges, and if the
> > >statute of limitations has not run out, I think filing charges would
> > >be a good way to deter such actions in the future.

>What we need is more specific information.
>
>Was the purchase performed in Brazil or in Germany?
>What is the applicable definition  of fraud?

In recent years Brazil has been trying to crack down on the export of
Santana Formation fossils but I don't know what legal protection they are
offering. If Brazil is a signatory to the 1970 UNESCO Convention on the
Means of Prohibiting and Preventing the Illicit Import, Export and Transfer
of Ownership of Cultural Property, they may well have a law that covers the
eport of fossil specimens.I understand that Germany is a signatory and they
may have something to say about the import of fossil specimens.

Cheers, Paul

pwillis@ozemail.com.au