I need some help building a Rex!

        I just subscribed to this list at the suggestion of a helpful
soul, and I apologize for posting to all so quickly, but I'm in a bit
of a bind, and this is certainly a request for collaboration.

        I'm the Technical Director for a theatre in Atlanta, GA. (barking
dog theatre).  Due to a number of reasons, we've had to make an emergency
change in our season line up.  Suddenly, we're doing a play named
"Pterodactyls."  The script calls for, oddly enough, a baby Tyrannosaurus
Rex skeleton to be assembled during the course of the show.  An actor first
unveils a bag of bones he has dug up, and for the first Act, the pile grows
as he brings more into the living room.

        The second Act begins with a partially constructed skeletal structure
at the back of the stage.  During the second Act (thankfully during scene
shifts, mainly), the skeleton grows more and more complete.  The end of the
play brings lights up on the fully completed structure.

        A interesting little project to say the least.  I don't want to get
in to how I feel about the author for doing this to me, but we need to build
a dinosaur for little or no money.

        The entire completed structure needs to end up being between about 8
or 9 feet tall.  That's all I know so far.  How wide would that be?  What are
the dimensions of a T. Rex?

        Does anyone out there have any ideas?  More importantly, are there
any detailed drawings, high definition pictures, (instruction manuals for God's
sake) anywhere out there?  So far, all I've been able to get my hands on are
a couple of pictures from the WWW about how someone constructed a T. Rex.
Although it's interesting, it wasn't really intended to be a "how-to" for
home projects.

        ANY help will be greatly appreciated!  We're really working from a
disadvantage here.  I figured if anyone would be able to help, this is the
place to look.

                -- M
J. Martin Lyle
Technical Director